CAMBRIDGESHIRE PARISH JOTTINGS Forum Index CAMBRIDGESHIRE PARISH JOTTINGS
A community message board for the towns & parishes in Cambridgeshire

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 02:31
All times are UTC + 1 (DST in action)
 Forum index » CAMBRIDGESHIRE PLACES » HUNTINGDONSHIRE » GENERAL HUNTINGDONSHIRE MATTERS » Mis-Guided Bus
Guided bus
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
TiJY

PostPosted: Wed 17 Mar 2004, 13:04    Post subject:  Guided bus  

Cost is 100 million and rising. The amount the Government is "giving" is falling - currently around 35 million I believe. So local tax payers are going to have to find over 65 million for something for which there hasn't even been any market research to see if people will use it.

Will anyone use it, given that the bus companies are going to have to pay to use the route, so it will be more expensive, and no quicker than a standard bus? I'd be interested to know if there is anyone actually in favour of the guided bus - apart from County Councillors that is! Or is everyone like me, thinking that the money would be better spent in putting in a dedicated bus lane on the A14, and putting in a park and ride from the A14 (the worst route into Cambridge and the only one with no park and ride!).

Interested to know what others think.
STL

PostPosted: Wed 17 Mar 2004, 15:53    Post subject: Mis-guided bus  

What can I say? I am yet to meet anyone in Swavesey, Fen Drayton or Fenstanton that supports this lunacy. We have lost bus routes over the last ten years because they didn't justify their existance, so how can we justify a whole immovable infrastructure against that backdrop? I agree with TiJY, this smacks of a political agenda and is going to cost us the beauty of our environment, and increased council tax for the foreseeable future.

Let's act together, raise objections and cause an embarrassing U-turn for this council. We put these people in this position, it's up to us to make our feelings known.

Look at www.savethelakes.co.uk and post an objection. We CAN stop this...
andre13

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov 2011, 00:16    Post subject:  

Testament anyone use it, acknowledged that the bus companies are leaving to bonk to pay to use the way, so it testament be statesman dear, and no quicker than a modular bus? I'd be fascinated to couple if there is anyone actually in advantage of the guided bus - obscure from County Councillors that is! Or is everyone equal me, thought that the money would be gambler spent in putting in a devoted bus lane on the A14.

Computer Store
Online Computer Store
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » CAMBRIDGESHIRE PLACES » HUNTINGDONSHIRE » GENERAL HUNTINGDONSHIRE MATTERS » Mis-Guided Bus
Jump to: